August 19, 2013

Bread Machine Sweet Potato Rolls

I love breads and rolls. Probably a little too much. I've always wanted to be That House that smells like fresh baked bread, but I don't have the desire to knead dough by hand and be covered from head to toe in flour. Then a I had a Bread machine given to me. Changed my world completely! I love making breads, pizza dough and more in it. Its quick easy and does all the work for you. That's my kind of cooking! I've been on the hunt for a great dinner roll recipe for a LONG time. They were all okay, but when it comes to dinner rolls okay is simply not okay. After many bouts of Trial and Error I've got the perfect, simple, easy, moist, delicious dinner roll recipe. EVER. Sweet Potato Rolls. They are lightly sweet and pair perfectly with any meal. They're so easy to make using the bread machines dough setting. Bring these along to your next dinner and you'll have people asking you for the recipe after the first bite, and then be designated the "roll" person at all family functions from then on... I am.


Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 Can sweet potato drained ( or 1 cup cooked mashed/pureed sweet potato)
  • 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil, plus a little for brushing the tops (can use butter)
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions
  • place all ingredients into your bread machine according to the manufacturer directions ( In mine, its in the order listen in the ingredients list)
  • set your machine to the Dough cycle. Let it do it's thing.
  • When the cycle finishes, tear pieces off of the dough to make 24 balls, and place in a greased 9-inch square baking pan so they're just touching but not too close. I grease mine with Coconut oil. 
  • Bake in a 375° oven for about 20 to 23 minutes, until nicely browned. Brush the tops with coconut oil (or butter) while they're still hot fresh from the oven.
  • Enjoy responsibly!

I hope you enjoy them! Let me know what you think.

XO
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment