August 18, 2013

The ULTIMATE Chicken Casserole

I've been eating this Chicken casserole for as long as I can remember. My Grandmother passed it down to my mom, who passed it down to me. It's one of my kids favorite suppers and I'm sure they'll be passing it down for generations as well. Really though, whats not to love? Chicken, cheese, and stuffing. It's so simple, but tastes like you put hours into it slaving over a hot oven.




Ingredients
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts - cut into bite sized pieces
  • 2 cans reduced fat cream of chicken soup
  • 1 1/5 cups water - divided
  • 2 tsp Better than bullion  (or 2 chicken bullion cubes)
  • 6 oz sliced provolone cheese
  • 8 oz package of dry Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix
Directions
  • Pre-heat oven to 375
  • Layer cut chicken pieces on the bottom of a 8x11 inch baking dish.
  • Layer provolone cheese slices on top of chicken evenly
  • Mix 3/4 cup warm water, 1 tsp better than bullion and 1 can of reduced fat cream of chicken. pour over cheese.
  • Layer Stuffing mix on top of soup mixture
  • Mix an additional 3/4 cup warm water, 1 tsp better than bullion and 1 can of reduced fat cream of chicken. pour over stuffing.
  • Cover with tinfoil and bake for 50-60 minutes (until chicken is cooked through)

Let me know how you like it! 
Feel free to Follow me on Facebook

XO Jess






No comments:

Post a Comment