September 12, 2013

Chicken-Ghetti

I love sharing my recipes with you guys. Problem is, I usually fly by the seat of my pants and make it up as I go. When it's done and turns out to be yummy, I never know what to call it. My kids came up with this one, Chicken-Ghetti. When I asked my daughter about the name she said "well, because it's like spaghetti, but with chicken". I realized I over complicate things, Just call it what it is! This is a great one to use up left overs. You can also use any combination of veggies that are in season or that you have on hand.



Ingredients:
  • 1 lb box of spaghetti, linguine, or fettuccine noddles
  • 1 lb left over cooked chicken ( or cook and shred 1lb of chicken)
  • 1/2 Zucchini, halved and sliced
  • 1 small onion, diced   
  • 1 medium bell pepper, chopped ( I used 1/2 green, 1/2 red)
  • 1 cup matchstick carrots (or about 2 carrots, julienned)
  • 2 cups fresh baby spinach
  • 1 16oz can diced tomatoes with garlic and onions (undrained)
  • 2 cups Tomato sauce
  • seasoning to taste ( I use salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian blend seasoning)
  • 2 TBS Olive oil
Directions:
  1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally to prevent from sticking, until al dente, 7 to 8 minutes. Drain.
  2. Mean while in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat, add carrots onion, peppers and zucchini, saute until the onions are translucent.
  3. Add Chicken to the vegetables, along with seasonings, continue to saute 3-4 minutes
  4. Add Tomatoes, Tomato sauce and spinach. Reduce heat to medium Low, cover. Stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
  5. Add sauce to pasta, mix.
  6. Serve and enjoy!


Let us know how you like it!

XO
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment