September 5, 2013

Zucchini Spinach Fritters

I was craving something not so healthy, so I decided to give in, but make sure I still got my veggies in.  It was also going to be a creative way to get my 2 year old to eat some veggies ;) She kept calling these "cookies", and I wasn't going to correct her, not if she was eating them. :)

Health note: For a lighter version of this, you could also pan sear these in a minimal amount of oil, instead of 'deep frying'.  




Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup flour (chic pea flour is also good)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
2 eggs
1/4 cup water
2-3 cups of vegetable oil (peanut oil is even better)
2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
1 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach (thawed frozen will work too, be sure to squeeze out as much water possible)
1 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup red pepper
1/3 cup orange pepper


Directions:
Use a large bowl for veggies & eggs. In a small bowl get together the dry ingredients. Then dump the dry into the big bowl, add water and mix.  
Depending on the size of the pan or pot you're going to use, fill with enough oil to give you at least 2 inches of depth, heat oil.
Next, scoop desired size of mix into hot oil.


Serve warm with a creamy dip or savory chutney.


Enjoy


:)

Jo


For a great dip try my red pepper - garlic mayo as seen here.




No comments:

Post a Comment