September 26, 2013

Random Recipe: Honey Mustard Chicken

I was stuck for a supper idea tonight, and I had seen a post on facebook recently about Honey Mustard Chicken, but for the life of me I couldn't find it again..
So I went in to the kitchen and just started throwing together ingredients. 
Here's what I came up with.

Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken boneless-skinless breasts
1/3 Honey
1/3 Yellow Mustard
1 tsp Dried Rosemary 
1 tbsp dried Parsley flakes
2 tbsp minced garlic
.5 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper

Directions:
Combine all ingredients (except butter), and pour into large zip lock overtop of chicken. Let sit and marinate for at least 2 hours (the longer the better; could also be frozen for later use).
To cook, pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. I used an Cast Iron Grill Griddle(grill side up) and set this inside the oven during the preheat time.


Once oven has reached temperature, take melted butter and brush onto griddle surface. Place chicken breasts onto hot griddle. The butter will keep the chicken from sticking, and add to the flavor. Let cook for 20-25 mins, then turn over and let cook another 15 mins or until meat is at desired doneness.  
Serve with a side and a veg, and you have a tasty meal, even a picky toddler will eat. ;)

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment